I read this article of David Letterman on Filipinos. I don't know if you are familiar with his late night TV talks show sometime ago when he used the Top 10 Reason why there couldn't be Filipino-American US President? He aired this on his talk show with out asking any permission by an unknown Filipino author. Imagine the author is Filipino-American. Perhaps if Letterman ask him, definitely that Filipino-American made a fortune. In fact, when it was aired there were million of viewers who regularly followed his show.
However, showing this joke many Filipino-Americans were very happy by Letterman using of his joke. They exclaimed that it certainly shows we are an emerging group. In this diverse society it was an honor to be featured in Dave's famous TV show. Actually when I read this , it's not to humiliate my countrymen but it really made me laugh.LOL!
Here is the Top 10 Reasons Why There Couldnt Be a Filipino-American US President.
10. The White House is not big enough for in-laws and extended relatives.
9. There are not enough parking spaces at the White House for 2 Honda Civics, 2 Toyota Land Cruisers, 3 Toyota Corollas, a Mercedes Benz, a BMW , and an MPV (My Pinoy Van).
8. Dignitaries generally are intimidated by eating with their fingers at State dinners.
7. There are too many dining rooms in the White House -where will they put the picture of the Last Supper?
6. The White House walls are not big enough to hold a pair of giant wooden spoon and fork
5. Secret Service staff wont respond to psst… psst or hoy….hoy…hoy…
4. Secret Service staff will not be comfortable driving the presidential car with a Holy Rosary hanging on the rear view mirror, or the statue of the Santo Nino on the dashboard.
3. No budget allocation to purchase a Karaoke music-machine for every room in the White House.
2. State dinners do not allow Take Home.
AND THE NUMBER 1 REASON WHY THERE COULDNT BE A FILIPINO-AMERICAN U.S. PRESIDENT IS…
1. Air Force One does not allow overweight Balikbayan boxes!!!