Rhinitis Allergy

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

For the past 7 years here in Israel, I never been such nasty sneezing. Just 5 months ago after I went for a short holiday vacation from the Dead Sea. I started sneezing early morning right I get up from my bed and stop in the middle of the day then came back before going to bed. At the beginning I thought it was an ordinary cold. I took different kinds of cold tablets just to stop the sneezing but didn't help me. My poor lady (patient) said, its ridiculous that she is paying that blaming health insurance and I didn't use it. I thought I don't need a doctor and I hate to go to the doctor but then at the end I called my insurance and made an appointment to a Ear& Nose doctor.

I went yesterday to see a ear&nose doctor and he said I got  an Allergic Rhinitis. He prescribed me a nasal spray and tablets for runny and nose congestion. I have to take it for a month and come back after I finish the whole course of medication. (sigh) I hate taking drugs really but I don't have a choice than to suffer. 

What is Allergic Rhinitis - it is the inflammation of nasal passages, usually associated with watery nasal discharge and itching of the nose and eye.


This allergic rhinitis occurs anywhere in the world. In the U.S it ranks as the most common illness. The symptoms usually occurs in the nose and eyes after exposure to dust, or certain seasonal pollens in people that are allergic of these substances. These allergic rhinitis has no age preferences. And the risk increase if both of your parents have history of allergies

There are many seasonal allergens that are present causes allergic rhinitis. Dust, mites, cockroaches, molds, pet pollens, those are examples that are presents all the year round. Plants and trees also part of seasonal pollens through cross wind pollination.

The symptoms of these allergic rhinitis usually includes repetitive sneezing, runny nose, nasal congestion, itchy eyes and ears and general fatigue. If you all have this symptoms, go straight to you ear & nose doctor and asked for a medication. And if you are diagnosed with this kind of allergic, they usually gives you antihistamines and decongestants. That is tablets or capsules and nasal spray which is always available in all drug stores. 

The goal of these treatment is only to reduce the allergy symptoms. As self care- try to avoid  that causes the allergy.














0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog of the Day

Subscribe Here

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

My Blog List

Followers

Grab Mine, I'll Grab Yours

Pinoy Life Abroad

Directories & PR

money maker

adF,ly